View Single Post
Old May 8th, 2017, 04:59 PM   #1
Austen98
ninjette.org newbie

Name: James

Motorcycle(s): 2010 Ninja 250

Hi from Hampton Roads

Hello ninjette community. I recently purchased a non-running 2010 Ninja 250, with 2800 miles on the clock. This was an impulse buy that I stumbled upon while looking for a Jeep Wrangler. As long as I have something to wrench on I'll be happy.
Found the forum while looking for hints on getting the bike to start. Progress has been slow as work and family takes up my time.
The bike is nice & clean with the exception of one big dent on the fuel tank. It's been garaged ,not running for the last 4 years. So far I've changed the oil, or should I say gas, it was very diluted and disassembled and cleaned the carbs. The bike beat me in round 1 as I didn't clean the carbs well enough. I got it to start but not run. Further reading leads me to believe that the pilot jets are still clogged. I took the suggestions to replace rather than attempt to clean but today I found out that parts are back ordered and are still a week out. I'm heading back to the garage and gonna another go on cleaning. The weather has been too nice to have a non running motorcycle.
Austen98 is offline   Reply With Quote