View Single Post
Old June 24th, 2018, 05:07 AM   #79
Koala
ninjette.org sage

Name: Koala

Motorcycle(s): 2017 Ninja 300 Winter Test Edition

MOTM - May '18
finally got to ride again....

well, after 3 weeks of not getting to practice on my lovely Takara, I hopped on my baby this morning with the hopes of going off of my street. Didn't happen

First off, I could tell it had been a while since my last practice. I stalled her three times from the get go. I think I was a little nervous....Then to make me more jumpy, I had a dumbass in a suv come flying up behind me and blare the horn as they went around. I took a few deep breaths and managed to get her going up my street. I got her into second gear smoothly and made it to the top of my hill. I'm pretty sure I didn't stop her far enough up, maybe a foot or two too early. I couldn't get off of my hill. I'm standing there on her, sweating from nerves and trying to figure out how I was going to get out of the situation. I had my foot on the back break and tried using the friction zone and throttle to get her to move forward but I just couldn't get her going enough without then rolling back and I was getting frustrated. I don't know how I didn't drop her but I managed to get off and turn her around walking next to her.

So, instead I kept her to my street again. On the upside, I found out my new jacket has great airflow I carefully got her going and went down the hill into second gear and then tried downshifting into first, I got it. A tad choppy but I got it. I did that a couple times going up and down the street and then put her away.

A mixed bag today, but again, I think that's because I went 3 weeks without getting on her.

Any tips on getting off a hill from a stop are appreciated lol...

"To ensure you're giving your very best, blind yourself of all negativity, relax your mind, put inhibition to rest and drive hard toward your goals like it's the last thing on earth." - csmith12
Koala is offline   Reply With Quote