View Single Post
Old June 8th, 2019, 06:03 AM   #11
InvisiBill
EX500 full of EX250 parts

Name: Bill

Motorcycle(s): '18 Ninja 400 • '09 Ninja 500R (selling) • '98 VFR800 (project) • '85 Vulcan VN700 (sold)

MOTM - Aug '15
The midpipe that came with mine is definitely different from the 300 one pictured. Following the Ali link above, the 400 version is $10 more too, so that could explain the price difference on Amazon.

People had mentioned that it was cheaper via Ali and others, but I'm happy with my purchase. It was still pretty cheap, it got to my house in two days, and it bolted up 100% perfectly (once I expanded the midpipe a tad). I'm a perfectionist, so I used the proper tool to expand the pipe. I slid the parts together and made sure things were aligned. Honestly, it was a much better experience than I was expecting from cheap Chinese parts.

In pics posted on the other forum, I could see that the spring hooks weren't aligned. There's a pretty good curve to the midpipe, so obviously having that twisted on the header pipe is going to drastically change where the can sits. At least one person said they just used a hammer and block of wood to pound the midpipe onto the header. I put the mounting bracket on the back side of the peg, where the stock exhaust mount was; others put it on the outside. I wonder how many people just slapped all the parts together (there were no instructions, not even crappy Engrish ones, included) and forced things into position, putting lots of stress on the welds.

I'm really digging the Spark titanium exhaust, but it's like 10x the cost of this. I realize I bought a cheap Chinese part, but I think "a lot of exhaust for the money" is a great way to describe it. We'll see how long it lasts...

*** Unregistered, I'm not your mom and I'm not paying for your parts, so do whatever you want with your own bike. ***
InvisiBill is offline   Reply With Quote