View Single Post
Old June 8th, 2019, 01:33 PM   #12
DannoXYZ
ninjette.org certified postwhore

Name: AKA JacRyann

Motorcycle(s): CB125T CBR250R-MC19 CBR250RR-MC22 NSR350R-MC21 VF500F CBR600RR SFV650 VFR750F R1M ST1300PA Valkyrie-F6C

MOTY - 2018, MOTM - Nov '17
Yup, great bang-for-buck upgrade!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zaph42 View Post
You have to wonder if some of the people who reported welds cracking have that issue because they forced the supplied exhaust hanger to fit.

But that looks like a lot of exhaust for the money, holy cow. I mean compare it to DanMoto or whatever that cheap junk is that used to sell on ebay.
Quote:
Originally Posted by InvisiBill View Post
In pics posted on the other forum, I could see that the spring hooks weren't aligned. There's a pretty good curve to the midpipe, so obviously having that twisted on the header pipe is going to drastically change where the can sits. At least one person said they just used a hammer and block of wood to pound the midpipe onto the header. I put the mounting bracket on the back side of the peg, where the stock exhaust mount was; others put it on the outside. I wonder how many people just slapped all the parts together (there were no instructions, not even crappy Engrish ones, included) and forced things into position, putting lots of stress on the welds.
Yeah, you can't have any residual stresses on parts. Everything should be fitted so they are in place with all bolts loose. Then bolts just keep it from falling off, but shouldn't be used to force things into position.
DannoXYZ is offline   Reply With Quote