View Single Post
Old May 28th, 2023, 10:18 PM   #17
Bob KellyIII
Retired motorcycle Mc.

Name: Robert

Motorcycle(s): 2012 Kawasaki Ninja 250R, 2021 CSC TT250, 1977 Triumph Bonneville 750cc,2001 Honda XR650L.

Good thinking Danno.... I had a 250cc DT1 yamaha that I drilled out the main jet to many decades ago and I thought nothing of it... the Main jet was stamped... and I thought you know if I ever sell this thing that is going to confuse the hell out of the next guy so I took a file and removed the stamp marks.... so with no markings on it at all he would at least know something is up.... but most guys won't do that...you want it a bit richer so you just go to the next size up in your drill index, and drill the holes bigger...
they know about it... but no one else ever will !
I have a feeling like a leak in the diaphragm might cause this problem ...these symptoms are indeed rare but they do happen .... and the only way I know of testing a diaphragm is just replace it with a new one...and their expensive things !

I've never seen a diaphragm go bad except one time... the bike set so long in the weather that the diaphragm was cracked all around the bend when it was folded up.... and I think the leak in a diaphragm would have to be huge to effect the running of the bike a pin hole wouldn't do it I don't think...
so you would not be able to see or feel the difference in the running of the engine.... however if the vacuum hole that operates the diaphragm was plugged or simi plugged that might do it !
.... or a massive vacuum leak....
I still think it's a vacuum leak but I can't find it and I've looked everywhere for it.
it's like we're trying to patch the problem by other means rather than find the true problem's source..... because everything is correct.... it doesn't leave you with to many options other than re tune it to make it run right...
which shouldn't be nessary but in this case you have no choice putting it back to stock and it doesn't run worth a darn something is amiss..... but WHAT....that is the big question....
Bob...