View Single Post
Old May 30th, 2023, 06:11 AM   #23
Bob KellyIII
Retired motorcycle Mc.

Name: Robert

Motorcycle(s): 2012 Kawasaki Ninja 250R, 2021 CSC TT250, 1977 Triumph Bonneville 750cc,2001 Honda XR650L.

Danno... 3957' ASL according to the elevation sign ! at the summit about 1 mile away
so I figure sense we drop down a bit 3,400' at the very lowest ( I know it's higher than that!) FIGURE 3,500'asl which may have some bearing on the subject as my bike was running rich with stock jets and that is likely because of the elevation !
it starts now without making a full revolution and gains RPM slowly like it should on choke
I have NOT taken it for a ride yet as it has been raining off and on for the last 3 days
and it has cooled off dramatically ! I had a fire in the pellet stove last night !
I have been racking my brain trying to figure out this problem but Nothing fits.... I can't figure it out.
to have 2 or 3 guys out there come up with the same problem is really bazaar !
obviously it is not a common problem but it does happen...
couple that with "putting it back to stock and it hardly runs or barely will run if you beg it."..... it's like UH ? that can't be right ! but it is what it is, so something has to be done to make them run again..... maybe it is a symption of the electronic ignition failing ? because it should run no matter what if it's all put back to stock and the carbs are clean..... missing or stumbling at 5~6k RPM still plegs mine, but once it's warm it seems to quit that..... ( I did take the right coil off to check the valves)
I don't know, I am at a loss here !

Bob.......