View Single Post
Old June 3rd, 2012, 12:19 AM   #50
CThunder-blue
ModMy250.com

Name: Tri

Motorcycle(s): 2009 Ninja 250R, 2005 R6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Risky View Post
As I'm in Australia outside of shipping range, I whipped up my own no cut kit exactly as per your instructions and it works a charm. Thanks very much for taking the time here as it made a pretty tech job pretty easy for a rookie. Cheers.

Question for you guys though. The diode's work great and now no light whatsoever makes it to the wrong side when indicating. However, apart from my proton which has it's own flasher in built, my other indicators do not flash but rather remain lit constantly. I am running a Narva LED specific relay and this is responsible for this behaviour. I switched out for the stock and got the exact same deal. Waste of money that flasher was ($32!). I have an old electro-mechanical relay which I switched in and it works great, flashing all 3 indicators (I have protons, oberon bar end and oberon LED rear indicators) perfectly in sync. I'd much rather an LED relay as the mechanical makes a loud & very vintage sounding click click click. How is it possible that the LED relay does not work correctly?
Not all electronic relays are made the same way. The LED relays I sell also make the normal clicking sound. If you have it working, I'd just leave it as is.