Thread: Bicycles!
View Single Post
Old August 8th, 2013, 08:52 AM   #885
nycsteve
Biker

Name: Steve

Motorcycle(s): 2010 Ninja 250 SE

Okay guys, need help.

I've thought about it in the past and now I'm thinking about it again; I want to get into bicycling. My injuries (accident) will prevent me from riding comfortably for a while (plus I need to get a new motorbike), so I think I'm going to get a bicycle. The cardio will help me try to stay (read: get) into shape while I'm healing up as well since I haven't been able to exercise and it seems like it'll be a while before I do.

Anyway, I'm a total noob to this and have read up on this thread in the past and have skimmed through it recently has well. Still confused and not sure what I should get. I know the first recommendation will probably be to go to a LBS, but I would just like to get some info from you guys first.

Use: I plan to use it for commuting to work and school. At the very least, it will be used for going to school which is about 1.5 miles away. If I can get to work without being all sweaty and gooey, it'll be at least 10 miles to work.

What kind of times would an average or less than average rider be looking at?

Body:
5'6"
150-155lbs
30" inseam
Not the best of shape, but I've recently completed a workout program so I don't think I'm totally out of shape.

I figure I'll be riding 95% road because of school starting up and winter coming through. I guess it's somewhat similar to what Justin was looking for? Should I start a new thread so that this thread can stay more general?

Thanks in advance!
nycsteve is offline   Reply With Quote