View Single Post
Old April 30th, 2014, 06:20 AM   #18
InvisiBill
EX500 full of EX250 parts

Name: Bill

Motorcycle(s): '18 Ninja 400 • '09 Ninja 500R (selling) • '98 VFR800 (project) • '85 Vulcan VN700 (sold)

MOTM - Aug '15
eBay Byson hugger

Quote:
Originally Posted by mania View Post
A bit considering the sale specified what it fit & showed pictures which showed it did not fit as sold & needed modding....... ;)

Not to mention his application on that sale ad specifically stated
"This part is not compatible with 2013 Kawasaki Ninja 300."

He does mention "some guy said" but reiterates he has not verified it works.
I say suck it up & make it work or eat the loss IMHO
Sorry, this is a bit confusing since I posted in a thread in the 300 section. I bought this for a 250 swingarm, not a 300. Since it said it fit a 250, and could/should fit a 300 with slight modding, I assumed that it would be a direct fit on a 250. What I received is a factory-original Yamaha Byson hugger and several pages of instructions similar to https://www.ninjette.org/forums/showthread.php?t=91386 on how to make it fit the 250. It's not pre-modded to fit the 250 or anything, just the untouched Yamaha part and some instructions. To make it fit on a 300, you're completely on your own.

Simply adding a sentence "This item requires some trimming/modding to fit the listed bikes." to the description would've let me know that it wasn't what I was looking for (a direct-fit, professionally-finished piece), and I would've skipped it. I feel that he deliberately doesn't mention that it needs mods to fit the listed bikes, despite including detailed instructions on how to do those mods and mentioning in the ad that it could fit the 300 with some minor mods, to avoid scaring away potential buyers. I think it's being a bit deceptive (though not technically lying about anything), and then hoping the buyer will do like headshrink said and just keep it even though they're not completely happy about it.

I originally posted it in this thread because I like the overall look of this hugger, and the 250 and 300 swingarms are similar (the 300 has a couple extra mounting holes for the OEM chainguard/hugger and an extra brake hose guide), so it should also fit on a 300 without too much work. My eBay issue is getting a bit off-topic (I will be receiving a full refund once I ship it back), but I wanted anyone who considered it after seeing my link to be aware of exactly what it was.

Quote:
Originally Posted by headshrink View Post
I didn't see that detail, so know that when considering my feedback. I thought it was technically legit, with a spirit of deception, but that was just my initial impression without looking closer. At least it wasn't as bad as THIS woman!
That reminds me of the people selling "PS3 NEW BOX!!!!" when they first came out and were impossible to find. The ad was careful to include only pics of the box and was worded so that it never actually said you'd be getting a PS3, but made it sound like it was for a brand new PS3 in the box, rather than just the box.
InvisiBill is offline   Reply With Quote