View Single Post
Old August 8th, 2016, 11:35 AM   #63
ZeroGravity360
Just sittin on my stool..

Name: Amanda

Motorcycle(s): 2012 Ninja 250

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex View Post
I'm not sure you're understanding. You can't just adjust the chain slack to pull the wheel back unless the chain is actually that long to do so. If you pull the wheel back to gain clearance, but the chain is now too tight, you'll be risking more damage in a variety of places (more chain wear, damaged output shaft on the transmission). That's why all the posts above are debating how many links to add to the chain if you really do want to make the chain longer and pull the wheel back enough to gain clearance.

Stop blaming the shop. This is a basic problem caused by you buying a tire that is way too large for your bike.
I'm pretty sure the manual says its supposed to have 35-45 mm slack. This means it can be up to 35mm and still be in regulations. I AM blaming the shop because even though I bought a tire too big they could have TOLD me I needed to do X,Y and Z I am inexperienced at this and they made me buy my own tire. I even ASKED them if the 140/80.17 was okay they said I needed to make sure it wasnt to wide to rub the SIDES of the swig arm. I really dont understand why you dont like me having a basic conversation with people to LEARN for next time and help people that search "140/80/17 on a ninja 250" because I sure as heck did and found nothing