View Single Post
Old August 8th, 2016, 11:52 AM   #68
ZeroGravity360
Just sittin on my stool..

Name: Amanda

Motorcycle(s): 2012 Ninja 250

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex View Post
You bought a tire that was too big. People warned you to confirm it wasn't rubbing. You've confirmed it's rubbing, to the extent that in your own words, part of the tire is melting. It makes a "scary" sound at high speed as the tire expands and rubs more. You're still riding the bike.

The shop isn't risking their life. You are. The shop isn't ignoring advice. You are. The shop isn't being overly defensive. You are.

I hope you get it sorted, and I hope you continue to learn about how to properly ride, maintain, and enjoy your bike.
the "scary" sound was not my tire it was 9k RPMs which has been confirmed to be wind hitting my helmet in a weird way. I was riding my bike because when I first posted it most of the people said it "didn't look bad" and I should "ride it to the end of its life" the only one who said he wouldn't ride on it was csmith. Again, I am trying to figure things out. yes it was rubbing but I thought all of it had been rubbed off, didnt expect it to expand MORE than what it already did. That is the difference between bias ply and radial tires, which is it was a radial tire it might not have happened (I am guessing)