Old May 14th, 2018, 04:04 PM   #22
Koala
ninjette.org sage

Name: Koala

Motorcycle(s): 2017 Ninja 300 Winter Test Edition

MOTM - May '18
Quote:
Originally Posted by snot View Post
You can do what he stated on ypur bike, if your inseam is the same as mine....I can. You just wont be flat footed, you will use your core muscles and leg strength.
Gripping the bars and lever is not a strength component of the grip, it is more finger tips. I rode with the oem for 2 years with no issues....gloves are an XS for me.
Did you have any issue with your fingers reaching the levers? I took the cover off her for a sunshiny minute after getting home (it rained most of the day) and I noticed that while I can reach the levers and pull them in just fine, my pinky fingers don't reach lol. Will that end up being a problem or does it matter?

On another note, my being wobbly and her feeling so heavy last week was just a combination of me being exhausted and short I ordered the Joe Rocket Heartbreaker boots with the 2.5 inch wedge so while I wait for them to get here, I threw on a pair of 2 inch flip flops to compare. That plus having energy made a big difference. With the 2 inches I'm still on tip toes with both feet but I can comfortable keep the bike straight up and rest my weight on the ball of my left foot to start off. I can get on and off easily, walk next to her forward and back. The only issue I noticed is that my legs want to be where the pegs are....

I'm so excited to go on this journey, I got my temps the other day and I'm signed up or the MSF in July
Koala is offline   Reply With Quote

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.