View Single Post
Old November 11th, 2012, 02:33 PM   #65
ajcadoo
Towster ['__'`,-,

Name: Josh

Motorcycle(s): 2010 Green Ninja 250 SE

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChaoSS View Post
Welcome to California. If you get annoyed at trucks driving 55, you will drive in a constant state of aggravation. Around here, I would guess that the semis are at least 20 percent of the vehicles on the road.

There is no flow of traffic, there is a wide range of speeds, and California drivers just learn to deal with that. It is not a hazard, in this state, to drive 55, and everyone from other states who think they know better, don't live here, and don't understand the dynamics of driving in this state.
I am a firm believer that California drivers are the best drivers in the USA when dealing with absurd amounts of traffic volume. However, we are the worst at driving in bad weather.

California freeways have a very different flow from the rest of the country. And semi trucks rarely, if ever, go over 60MPH. It is incredibly rare to see any sort of truck doing 65, unless it is perhaps a decline. CHP is a stickler with the truck speed limit. Thus, I generally hypermile in the two rightmost lanes.

Anyone thinking this is a road hazard might need to live in Cali for a few months. Going 55 in the fast lane is a definite hazard. 55 in the SLOW lane is very acceptable.
ajcadoo is offline   Reply With Quote