View Single Post
Old June 10th, 2018, 10:59 PM   #10
DannoXYZ
ninjette.org certified postwhore

Name: AKA JacRyann

Motorcycle(s): CB125T CBR250R-MC19 CBR250RR-MC22 NSR350R-MC21 VF500F CBR600RR SFV650 VFR750F R1M ST1300PA Valkyrie-F6C

MOTY - 2018, MOTM - Nov '17
I get about 2.0-hrs of full-thottle track time out of 3.5-gallons of fuel in tank. You can figure out drain-rate from tank with those numbers. I bet your petcock is flowing more than that by significant amount.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkv45 View Post
My guess is either carb/jets are not completely clean or the diaphragms are damaged.
Yup, most likely fuel flow inside the carbs is problem (clogs or damage). I'll dig up photos of secret passages and disassembly photos when I get to a desktop.

Carbs aren't completely clean. Search here and you'll find that even experienced DIY guys who rebuilds engines on their kitchen tables with both arms tied behind their back, have had to tear their carbs apart 4 times before they got them clean enough.

EDIT: check out this thread for photos of where to clean https://www.ninjette.org/forums/showthread.php?t=317977

Most likely if you didn’t do following, carbs really aren’t as clean as factory new condition:

- soak in heavy-duty industrial chemicals (not spray carb-cleaner)
- hot ultrasonic bath
- flossed all hidden passages with wire/string
- soda blasted all orifices and circuits

Last futzed with by DannoXYZ; June 11th, 2018 at 09:43 AM.
DannoXYZ is offline   Reply With Quote