View Single Post
Old July 26th, 2021, 11:27 AM   #5
Ducati999
ninjette.org certified postwhore

Name: Ant

Motorcycle(s): Ducati 999 2012 Ninja 250r Ducati748 Yellow finally running 2003 SV650 S (SOLD)

@Bob KellyIII,
I ran the 16 tooth front sprocket on my wifes 2012 NINJA 250. The sprocket is a little too big for the sprocket cover and the chain can rub-especially on over run when you roll off the throttle to slow down. I used an angle grinder and just removed some of the material from where the chain would occasionally hit and no further problems. This 16 tooth sprocket makes 1st gear usable on the street, you no longer have to shift to 2nd within 3 seconds of launching. My wife did not like running the motor up above 10,000 rpm all the time so I made some longer velocity stacks, changed the jetting and added the 16 front sprocket. Made the bike easier for her to ride and it had shift points closer to a big bike. I believe you could hit 25mph in first and 2nd would take you into the low 30's. Even with my 200+lbs on board it would still accel fine and I hit 105 mph indicated with this setup so not a huge difference in top speed if you were worried about the motor pulling higher gear ratio up top. I kept the stock rear sprocket so the larger front cog made the wheel base a little shorter, I fixed this with a 2 link longer chain when I did a refresh
Ducati999 is offline   Reply With Quote