View Single Post
Old August 8th, 2021, 01:22 AM   #19
Bob KellyIII
Retired motorcycle Mc.

Name: Robert

Motorcycle(s): 2012 Kawasaki Ninja 250R, 2021 CSC TT250, 1977 Triumph Bonneville 750cc,2001 Honda XR650L.

well, back to the gearing.... I got the 16 tooth sprocket on the shaft of the engine no real issues there....got the stock chain on the sprocket as well...
looks like the new sprockets and old chain will work fine so I don't have to cut off the old chain... I know that's a dumb thing to do ....mix old with new but the old chain is in great shape so I'm going to run it on the new sprockets.
BUT we do have clearance issues ! .... I can't seam to get the cover on....
the bit that sticks down in front of the front sprocket on the cover is barely touching the chain.... I think I'll take my recopicating saw and cut that part off
and see if the cover will go on then.
no doubt there isn't much room now under that cover !
my shop stand for the Ninja is working great now that I widened it's base and gave the far upward leg more support... there is hardly any twist in it at all now and it was twisting about 1/2" causing alignment problems.
80 ft. lbs. of torque on the sprocket nut ?.... I have a 1/2" torque wrench now ( new click type ! WOOO HOOOO !) but I don't think I can use the 3/4" drive socket because I don't have a 3/4" to 1/2" reducer for the socket.. but I should have a 1/2" socket of that size that will fit it....I hope.
....it'll take getting my Kid out there to stand on the rear brake to tighten that nut... I can't do it myself...
I think I got the pesky air screw on the right cylinder adjusted correctly now
I will try starting it when it's cold to find out. that was when it liked to run on 1 cylinder not 2.
then I got fairing to repair and put back on....
then I can test it again....
later ! Bob....