View Single Post
Old August 11th, 2021, 11:31 AM   #21
Bob KellyIII
Retired motorcycle Mc.

Name: Robert

Motorcycle(s): 2012 Kawasaki Ninja 250R, 2021 CSC TT250, 1977 Triumph Bonneville 750cc,2001 Honda XR650L.

Ok... final results on the final gearing change.... MUCH BETTER !
it is a tad slower on acceleration , but to tell you the truth it's not very much at all.... I was expecting more of a drop but she still get up and halls A## when I want her too... so that part is ok by me....
at 70MPH I was tacking a solid 8,000 RPM so with a 16 tooth on the front and a 43 tooth on the rear I have dropped the cruse RPM by about 1000 RPM
i think.....
there is really not that much difference in the feel of the bike actually
the gearing is about what it should be I would think for anything other than the track...
my right hand mirror folded up at 40 mph so I tightened it when I got home
I can zip right up to 70mph very quickly now and if I shift at 10,000 RPM to the next gear the girl keeps accelerating like it had been... that is very impressive !
I added 1" block type bar risers to the bike when I had it in the shop
and i THINK it helped... not really sure but I'm not in sever pain right now from the low handle bars so it must have made a big difference !
there is no doubt...that thing gets up and goes good ! for a 250cc that will cruse all day at 70mph you can't beat it.... it might help if you were a Hunch back though... sense the handle bars are so low.
also sense I let some air out of the tires it was much more softer riding
it has 28p.s.i. in front and rear now and that helped alot....
it was still hard riding on the bumps but not as bas as it was by any means.
.... I found 3 cows out of their fence and standing on the road on my little jaunt... so I beeped the horn to alert the Rancher of their position...
and the cows just looked at me like what the hell is that thing ? LOL
all in all I recommend the sprocket upgrade... I think it puts the gears more where they should be ! even a little more wouldn't hurt on the rear I think
....your not going to get a bigger sprocket to fit on the front...that's a given.
but on the rear you could put a smaller sprocket on there if you really wanted to drop the RPM at cruising speed more.... I think a 40 tooth would be as far as I would go though.... No real reason, but I have seen them for sale.
Bob..........