View Single Post
Old January 28th, 2016, 09:20 AM   #16
HoneyBadgerRy
ninjette.org certified postwhore

Name: Ryan

Motorcycle(s): 05 Ninja 250, 04 KTM 625 SMC, 01 Xc250

Quote:
Originally Posted by subxero View Post
^ From what I understand they are both fairly bullet proof and solid motors but obviously the power valve system on the kx's will net more bottom end and a smoother transition onto the pipe. I think the kx's were more popular with the desert type racers vs the cr's any many titles were won

I have heard that the kx's vibrate more than the cr's, can't remember why though?

When I was on the hunt I was looking for both, my only criteria was price and year. I wanted something in the 89-94 year range. Seen lots of great looking kx's and almost always at better prices than the cr's (cult following type thing I guess) but never the right year or the price and distance was just not that appealing.

I kind of wanted the kx for the PVS but with the cr it is nice to have one less thing to worry about
I never really thought seriously about buying a 500, but I always wanted to ride one. If I were to buy another bike it would likely be a 125, either a KTM, Yamaha, or Gasgas. I thought about making a kx500 supermoto before, but I decided it would be unreasonable to mix gas every time I needed to fill up, and then I bought a ninja.