View Single Post
Old March 4th, 2013, 02:45 PM   #24
edxmon
ninjette.org guru

Name: Ed

Motorcycle(s): '08 Ninja 250R (SOLD - 2/16/2013)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SMman View Post
My advice would be to pony up a bit more money and look for a naked SV650 instead. I have seat time on a 1991 Bandit 400 and owned a 1999 SV650 for 4 years. The Bandit is a fun bike but the SV is a much better machine. Notice that AlanDog is already talking about selling his. Having an old bike seems like a good idea, but often isn't.
Definitely listening to all of you who are strongly suggesting to pass on this bike, I really appreciate it and value your input since some of you have owned this bike and have probably learned things I have yet to.

Matter of fact because of your post I looked up SV650s on CL thinking I wouldn't find anything below $3k, but I found a 2001 non running one for $1500, supposedly only because it's been sitting for 4 months. If I can get the SV for around $1200 I would be happy, what do you guys think of this new idea?

http://sandiego.craigslist.org/ssd/mcy/3655131091.html

looks like it might have at least a yoshi slip on, I could sell that and make some money for repairs