View Single Post
Old November 12th, 2013, 04:41 PM   #169
kevin2109dad
ninjette.org member

Name: Frederick

Motorcycle(s): the mangled motorycle Kevin2109 bought

On to the next difficult task and progressing further! I love when I tell people that I want to try to get him to do or envision him doing some hard task and they look at me with worry, then he does it.

For senior he wrote the sentence "please help me get up" because he wanted to go to the bathroom.

Last night we got a call from a nurse late at night. It's because Kevin wrote down mom's phone number. He had to remember that and pull it out of his memory. So she called.

Until I have some actual concrete data to show me otherwise, Kevin is and will always be thought of as a very capable young adult that has a promising future ahead of him if he applies himself. He is applying himself like crazy right now. This accident has the possibility of just being a blip in his life. I actually focus more on his life more than his recovery as my positive attitude feels he WILL recover so not everything has to focus on that. Recovery will happen from what I have seen!

However, we also understand that there is a long way to go and there are many issues to overcome. Kevin loves to beat the odds and he has an opportunity to do that in a way that can be so beneficial to him in his life. He is so capable.
kevin2109dad is offline   Reply With Quote

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.