Old September 29th, 2012, 11:21 AM   #55
alex.s
wat

Name: wat

Motorcycle(s): wat

MOTM - Oct '12, Feb '14
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whiskey View Post
It comes from what my advanced training instructors taught me, the move is commonly known (at least on this side of the pond) as the Hendon shuffle.

Approaching a complete stop (red light)
  • Roll off in (usually) 2nd
  • feather the brakes to a stop, keep the rear brake applied
    If there is traffic stopped behind you
  • apply front brake (to keep brake light lit) right foot down, click to neutral, left foot down, right foot back onto rear brake.

On warning (Red & yellow) light
  • Apply hand brake,
  • Right foot down, clutch in,
  • Click into 1st, left foot down & right foot up onto rear brake
  • Release front brake
  • Check front, mirror, front, mirror, lifesaver, front & go

Now maybe you know more about street riding than police bike instructors who train lads to ride all day in all traffic situations & all weather conditions, but as far as I know you're a track junkie.

I'll happily take your advice on track skills, but I'll take the advice of the top road riding instructors for my road skills.

(sorry for the delay, my WiFi went down & I didn't feel like typing that up on my phone)

Saying something is correct without giving any reason or explanation out side of "somebody told me so" is extremely ignorant. Give me one good reason why you would ever flip into neutral while you are on the street outside of laziness. Answer me that one question with a valid reason and I will concede I know nothing. Can't answer it with a valid reason? It's because there is none. Kicking into neutral is a habit to save your hand from hurting. It might be okay where you live, I don't know the frequency of rear ends. But you will never see me sitting on the street in neutral.