Old October 1st, 2012, 06:23 AM   #79
Motofool
Daily Ninjette rider

Name: Hernan

Motorcycle(s): 2007 Ninja 250

MOTY - 2016, MOTM - Dec '12, Jan '14, Jan '15, May '16
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whiskey View Post
......Covering the rear brake instead of the front means the bike is less likely to tip over if you do get shunted from the rear. It's easier to take off from a hill start with the rear brake.
.......But, while the light is red, the left foot is down and the gear box is in neutral.

The uphill light now turns to green.

Then you have to grab the front brake, release the rear brake, put the right foot down, put the left foot up, click into first gear, release front brake and give gas simultaneously.

Almost all cars in USA are automatic, and they are never in neutral at red lights.
They remain on the brakes, in first gear and just ready for a quick release of the brakes and a push on the gas pedal.

Splitting lanes and filtration for traffic lights is legal only in California.

Besides doing as Alex does, I always stop behind a car with my bike pointing to either side of that car, only right foot down, with my eyes on the rear mirror and ready to split lanes; at least until one or two cars stop behind me.

Then, if I want to rest my left hand, just use the wonderful Kawa positive selector and click into neutral.

I may be wrong but I feel less vulnerable.
Motofool is offline   Reply With Quote