View Single Post
Old July 28th, 2018, 01:40 AM   #92
DannoXYZ
ninjette.org certified postwhore

Name: AKA JacRyann

Motorcycle(s): CB125T CBR250R-MC19 CBR250RR-MC22 NSR350R-MC21 VF500F CBR600RR SFV650 VFR750F R1M ST1300PA Valkyrie-F6C

MOTY - 2018, MOTM - Nov '17
Quote:
Originally Posted by jp8484 View Post
rejetting the carb tomorrow.
Going back to stock pilot jet to see if it will make it run better/consistent
Here's the thing: why is it not running well? It did when it left factory with stock jetting.

We see it all the time, someone has running problems with their bike stumbling. Probably lean mixtures at some operating zones. So what do they do? Punch bigger holes in their carbs and it runs better! Then some time goes by and it starts running crappy again. So what do they do? Punch even bigger holes in carbs again! And again!

This is only covering up symptoms, not fixing actual cause of problems. Whenever dealing with carb problems, you should always start from common baseline, which is factory-fresh brand-new clean carbs. Bike ran perfectly fine when new with factory jetting, so why isn't it running perfectly now?

That's why i always have a perfectly clean factory-fresh set of carbs as testing-control i can swap in as test. It will always run perfectly fine with factory jetting. Which tells me what??? Problematic carbs are CLOGGED and needs complete tear-down with ultrasonic cleaning, flossing of all secret passageways and soda blasting. THEN, they miraculously work as well as factory-fresh clean carbs with factory jetting.

When I have time, i'll link to threads where people have had to pull their car and clean them 4-5 times before they got to factory-fresh clean condition.
DannoXYZ is offline   Reply With Quote