View Single Post
Old August 1st, 2018, 11:45 AM   #93
jp8484
ninjette.org member

Name: James

Motorcycle(s): 2010 Ninja 250

Quote:
Originally Posted by DannoXYZ View Post
Here's the thing: why is it not running well? It did when it left factory with stock jetting.

We see it all the time, someone has running problems with their bike stumbling. Probably lean mixtures at some operating zones. So what do they do? Punch bigger holes in their carbs and it runs better! Then some time goes by and it starts running crappy again. So what do they do? Punch even bigger holes in carbs again! And again!

This is only covering up symptoms, not fixing actual cause of problems. Whenever dealing with carb problems, you should always start from common baseline, which is factory-fresh brand-new clean carbs. Bike ran perfectly fine when new with factory jetting, so why isn't it running perfectly now?

That's why i always have a perfectly clean factory-fresh set of carbs as testing-control i can swap in as test. It will always run perfectly fine with factory jetting. Which tells me what??? Problematic carbs are CLOGGED and needs complete tear-down with ultrasonic cleaning, flossing of all secret passageways and soda blasting. THEN, they miraculously work as well as factory-fresh clean carbs with factory jetting.

When I have time, i'll link to threads where people have had to pull their car and clean them 4-5 times before they got to factory-fresh clean condition.
Thanks Danno!
I really just wanted bit more pull on the lower end without having to worry about stalling..

When the carb was pulled, it was in a really good condition inside actually.. inspected all the jets and holes etc. Main and needle got replaced anyway.

Currently it's back to stock pilot (38) with base setting recommended by Dynojet. I called Dynojet and dude was helpful but no real info I could use to tune it better.. other than him telling me I should get a bigger bike as weak low end is characteristic of these smaller displacement bikes.. haha what a guy.. (Street hawk TV show reference.. if anyone is watching that on Amazon prime, the original squid)

will be pulling the carb out again this week or next and work on it with butt dyno.. probably will put the 40 pilot back in and try to lean it out with mixture screw or float bowl or something and maybe put Dynojet 94 main.

Also having issue with idle being rough (set at 1.3k) but no throttle hanging issue.. will have to check for vaccum leak or something.
jp8484 is offline   Reply With Quote