Old December 18th, 2013, 09:24 AM   #44
rojoracing53
Fast-Guy wannabe

Name: Jason

Motorcycle(s): 2009 Ninja250, 2011 RM-Z250, 2004 NSR50,

MOTM - Jan '13
Quote:
Originally Posted by old3 View Post
Seriously, in your canyon riding, what speeds are you turning at? I end up on many "supermoto" roads, broken, tight, twisting, elevation changes mid corner. When ground down to the 20-40 MPH max turn speeds, the IRC were dead on the wheel, and gave zero feedback. On faster sweeping turns at 50-80 MPH they seemed OK but they weren't being pushed either. On the street I'll push the tires far harder at lower speed turns.

Who is running an IRC on the track?
you obviously haven't seen my videos and Cameron's the only decently paced rider who's used it at the track and liked it. Please note only the rear IRC tire is what we're saying is good. I've yet to retest the 250 sized rear without the front so I won't promote it. I will say the front IRC is crap and that's why everyone think the set is crap, when all the negative feedback is coming from only the front.

Cam is using a Rosso II front and I'm on 600-1000cc race bike takeoffs in the front. I run whatever brand race tire in the front I can get for free or cheap because in the street even at my pace I'm never near the tires limit. On the track I use a Rosso II rear and a Michelin pilot one 17-120/70 front.
rojoracing53 is offline   Reply With Quote