View Single Post
Old February 7th, 2018, 07:05 PM   #11
Ram Jet
ninjette.org certified postwhore

Name: Bill

Motorcycle(s): 2007 Kawasaki 250 Ninja, 1982 Honda Ascot FT500

Quote:
Originally Posted by choneofakind View Post
JacRyan is right. Until you start making aero changes like Vic (greenaero) or you're caning it every time you ride it, you shouldn't see massive fuel economy changes. I always seem to get my best fuel economy in vehicles when I'm flowing a good curvy backroad in the 50 mph region. It's odd because I'm also not shy about using the skinny pedal.

135 miles to reserve????

Reserve kicks in when you've burned 4 gallons on the pregen. The reserve is that last 0.75 gallons. That's about 34 mpg. Are you jetted that rich or are you ham fisted? Only time I've gotten mileage that bad was on track days because the bike lives the weekend with the throttle at it's stop.
Hmmm. Now you've got me wondering about my memory. I'm pretty sure it's 135 to reserve. Shoot, now I don't know for sure. I'm running 110 mains so that shouldn't be a problem, and I drive like the old fart I am (69). Hell maybe it's 235 miles. It's gonna drive me nuts until I'm riding again so I can find out.

Bill