View Single Post
Old July 9th, 2016, 02:52 PM   #4
InvisiBill
EX500 full of EX250 parts

Name: Bill

Motorcycle(s): '18 Ninja 400 • '09 Ninja 500R (selling) • '98 VFR800 (project) • '85 Vulcan VN700 (sold)

MOTM - Aug '15
Quote:
Originally Posted by juliusmichaelhonrada View Post
I havent swapped the coils, i was waiting for any reply here because the firing order might be different and ruin my motor.

My HT leads , nahh lol , the wires are mutilated , the leads are mutilated , its all from a different bike , even the coils are different to each other lol.

Im keeping what will work , and replace what wont work , im on a tight budget for now
As long as you unplug the coil from its original side and plug it into the wires on the other side when you move it, it has absolutely no effect on firing order. The igniter sends power down the wires, so as long as the wires stay on the same side (regardless of which coil you plug into it), the firing order will still be the same.

I'm not sure how much used parts from bigger bikes cost there, but if you can get the parts cheap enough (like we do over here), the CoP mod will replace a lot of the ignition parts and simplify things. You should figure out what's wrong with the bike first, but the CoP setup might be a good way to get a lof of working ignition parts simply.

*** Unregistered, I'm not your mom and I'm not paying for your parts, so do whatever you want with your own bike. ***
InvisiBill is offline   Reply With Quote