View Single Post
Old September 14th, 2010, 10:22 PM   #9
redeiko0713
ninjette.org member

Name: mikeJONESS

Motorcycle(s): 09' 250, 10' 600rr

for someone who has been tinkering since the 60's i am surprised you didn't understand the original question? i would imagine that you also know that a rebuild kit usually only cost 20-40 a carb, so 100 for a usable pair isn't too bad, i had no clue that you could find them that cheap though. i would also imagine you would understand what i mean when i say solder and a grinder, the floats and the tip of the float valve are now plastic. maybe that's a kawasaki thing, i've been rolling around on hurricanes since they've been around and that's where i come from. i've played with kawi's before and i feel like i remember them being all brass though? it has been awhile since i've even pulled carbs apart except for minor jet changes for people moving to the area (4900ft).

edit: searched ebay and average price for a complete set is about 140 for the 08+. 07 and down are running about 50? i'm glad theres someone here who has been there, done that since the 60's cause i wonder what the difference is between the new and old? i have to look at parts diagrams tomorrow, but if anyone knows the answer right of the bat that would be awesome. my search continues (but will prob end with the 140 ebay part out piece)
redeiko0713 is offline   Reply With Quote