View Single Post
Old December 4th, 2012, 12:44 PM   #2557
menikmati
crash 250, get supersport

Name: Richard

Motorcycle(s): 2010 250R SE (Sold 6/9/14), 2009 ZX-6R (Sold 6/25/14), Subaru BRZ

Quote:
Originally Posted by CZroe View Post
Yeah, I saw that, but I don't trust it. Kawi's OEM clutch pack has three of one kind of friction plate and two of another (different part numbers) while the Barnett kit has five identical ones. I trust the EBC kit even less. I just wish someone would sell a complete kit with springs and gasket for significantly less than it costs to buy the parts from a dealer. It sounds like a lot to ask, but the pregen and many other bikes have kits like that available.
4 metal plates: 13089-0021
2 friction plates (innermost and outermost): 13088-0039
3 friction plates (in between): 13088-0038
4 springs: 92145-0531
Clutch cover gasket: 11009-1872

Sourcing them from cheapcycleparts.com is $143.23 before shipping. I've never dealt with cheapcycleparts so I don't know how their service is. I used Bike Bandit for my replacement clutch cable and I received my stuff the next day, but I also paid like $10 premium over the other OEM parts sites.

Lurk on eBay for a bit until you can find the parts you need from a parted-out bike.

I'm guessing that after I take off the clutch cover this weekend and take a look inside that my plates are probably fine and all I really needed were the springs but since I got such a good deal on plates with ~3.5k miles of wear then I might as well swap them out. The EBC springs are about 10% stiffer than OEM and I don't know how much stiffer the Barnett springs are, I might end up buying OEM springs if I feel that the clutch is too stiff.