Thread: Photography!
View Single Post
Old March 20th, 2014, 12:53 PM   #25
Mountain Dew
Ambrosia.

Name: Jaymie

Motorcycle(s): 1974 Honda CB550K0 W.I.P.

My wording may have been a bit off, but the concert pics were taken with the T2i @ 6400 ISO. The D40 goes up to 1600 and has "Hi ISO," which is 3200. Also the lowest ISO it does is 200. But that doesn't really matter. ISO is just another sales tactic number like megapixels used to be.

Mark, do you edit any of your pictures?

In the hoop shot, it seems like the underside of the basket could be a bit brighter to bring out the detail, since it doesn't seem to be clipping/absolute black. And to me it just looks a bit crooked because none of the lines or parts are level with the horizon or vertical. Other than that, looks very nice.

And the one looking through the playground tunnel, seems the focus was on the inside of the tunnel, instead of the steering wheel. I think focusing on that would make it a bit more interesting, because as it is, the "windows" make a leading line to an out-of-focus subject.

Just my opinions though, as I am totally not even remotely close to being "seasoned."

Also took a bunch of shots at another failed sunrise attempt. Sky was too cloudy and I'm fairly certain I arrived after the sun peeked over the water. This was with the 18-55 kit @ 55mm, 1/50, f/5.6, ISO200. If I'm going to be doing any more watersport photography, I'll DEFINITELY need a telephoto lens, which may be the Nikkor 55-200 f/4 VR.

Sky was fairly hazy. No visibly sun. Wasn't able to zoom enough. Sand was ugly enough to want to frame it out of the picture. I wouldn't go to this beach again to take shots. But I would go to watch the sunrise.

[Edit] Yes, I see the sensor spots.