View Single Post
Old July 26th, 2017, 06:24 PM   #7
Spaghettiknight
ninjette.org member

Name: Austin

Motorcycle(s): 2001 ninja 250r

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triple Jim View Post
Yes, I painted it. I used Dupli-Color grey sanding primer and Dupli-Color acrylic lacquer, and a clear coat of Spraymax 2K, which is a 2-part clear automotive quality acrylic urethane in a single spray can. The lacquer is not fuel resistant, so the clear is necessary. Next time I'm going to use an automotive urethane color coat and 2-part clear, because the lacquer, although nice looking, is not anywhere near as durable as urethane. Here's the little Ninja:
Very cool, I may try that on the aftermarket fairing mine has and see how it looks, thanks for the info!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaliGrrl View Post
Welcome! Minneapolis remains one of my favorite cities, though I don't live in the area anymore.
Ya it's a fun place to live, I love it down here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pigeonherd View Post
Welcome SpaghettiKnight!

I notice your bike has no turn signals... You might look into some LED strips to wrap around the upper part of your front forks like I did on mine. They were pretty easy to wire, and show up even when the front fairing is back on (though just barely).

Another thing you may consider (that I still haven't gotten around to) is putting extra lights in the empty tail sides. The holes etc are there, but there are no lights. Depending on the MN laws, you may even be able to wire them up as blinkers (CA requires a certain distance between them).

You're probably also going to need a license plate.
Haha yes Im getting a plate tomorrow, that headlight fairing actually does have LEDs in it for the blinker, I'll put some pictures in when I have time. There is now distance law for the turn signals here fortunately. I may do that strip idea if I switch headlights, thanks for sharing!
Spaghettiknight is offline   Reply With Quote