View Single Post
Old June 25th, 2012, 06:45 AM   #1
CZroe
CPT Falcon

Name: J.Emmett Turner

Motorcycle(s): '08 CP Blue EX250J, '97 unpainted EX250F, 2nd '97 unpainted EX250F (no engine), '07 black EX250F

"Rim wrap" + thin rim tape as an alternative to powder-coating?

I want to get a couple rims powder-coated Kawi Racing/Lime/Bright/Neon/Florescent green but I need to compare alternatives to decide if it's worth the cost. There is a seller on eBay selling "rim wrap" along with various thicknesses of rim tape. The rim wrap just looks like extra thick rim tape and reminds me of rims with polished lips (except colored, of course). Anyone have any experience with this stuff?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Kawasaki-Nin...sories&vxp=mtr

That's still not enough green for me, so I believe an extra ring or two of green on other concentric areas would help. The problem is, this seller sells them pre-cut for 17" rims, so I think I'd have to get something else with an applicator and other suppliers aren't likely to match perfectly. That doesn't really bother me if one area is for reflective green and the other is just for color.

My real concern will be cleaning. By commuting daily, my wheels always get so filthy that I can't even scrub the haze off with Simple Green or dedicated tire cleaning products.

Last futzed with by CZroe; June 25th, 2012 at 05:18 PM.
CZroe is offline   Reply With Quote