View Single Post
Old May 17th, 2018, 04:25 PM   #8
Koala
ninjette.org sage

Name: Koala

Motorcycle(s): 2017 Ninja 300 Winter Test Edition

MOTM - May '18
I would love to start in my driveway....but I don't have one. I have a four car wide parking pad, two of the spaces are mine. The other 2 are occupied by trucks. Leading up to the pad is gravel at an incline, even the pad itself isn't too level, I found that out while sitting on the bike and wondering why it was so hard to get my right foot close to the ground.

I had the idea of asking a person I trust to ride the bike to the lot and help me for an hour or so, but no dice. One person ignored my message, the other simply asked "maybe you should try take the new rider course." To which I responded with how I am already signed up for it but due to work and the earlier classes that I would be able to get into being full, I'm signed up for the middle of July. 2 months away.

I understand that as a completely new rider my bike could get harmed in practice. I don't like the idea, but I know it can happen. I accept that possibility.

The MSF book that came with my bike includes the exercises of stopping in a straight line, quick stop, weaves, basic turns, normal turns, sharp turns without stopping, sharp turns from a stop, obstacle swerve, normal stop on a curve, quick stop on a curve, as well as a bunch of great riding tips.

I'm not trying to start out riding on the street. My area is WAY too dangerous for that. People drive stupid around here. That is why I described the way I would have to go to get to this lot. I was trying to show why there would be no way in hell I could get there at this moment without help.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg msf.jpg (77.2 KB, 0 views)
Koala is offline   Reply With Quote