View Single Post
Old April 4th, 2012, 06:02 PM   #5
Ninjitsu
ninjette.org newbie

Name: Trevor

Motorcycle(s): 08 Ninja 250r

similar problem

Hey,

I got my bike out of storage today and it started up with no problems. I rode it home from where it was stored (20km) and parked it. About 2 hours later I started it again with the choke on and let it warm up until the rpms were at 3k. When I closed the choke and gave it gas the bike stalled. This kept happening for about 10 minutes and then eventually it started to run fine.

Tonight I had the exact same problem after starting. I really got rattled when I gave it gas turning left through the first instersection I went through and it stalled. Traffic had to stop. Every time I gave it gas the bike stalled. I opened the choke and rode out of the intersection. The problem went away after about 1km of riding.

Does anyone have a guess as to why the bike is stalling when I give it gas? It seems to be fine after about 10 minutes of riding. Thanks for any advice you can give.

*some background: I bought the bike (08 250r) used in the fall and put it away for the winter. The muffler is stock and the owner didn't mention anything about jetting the carbs.