View Single Post
Old July 10th, 2012, 06:39 AM   #11
jboyd12
ninjette.org member

Name: Jen

Motorcycle(s): 2010 Kawasaki Ninja 250 Special Edition

Question Gas tank whistling..? And other weird issues

A low whistling sound has been coming out of the gas tank for a while now just sitting in the garage. Its a low whine that lasts a couple seconds, stops, and then happens again a few minutes later. I was told that this is due to a gas cap vent, and that as gas is used, the tank pulls in air and that if my vent is crap or broken it will continue to suck in air after the bike is off. However, I opened the cap and left it ajar for about half an hour, but once I lock it up again, the sound will keep happening. I'm really confused as to why this continues to happen, I'm not leaking any fuel.

Similarly, the bike has been running weird- I made a post about this a few months ago, but never was able to figure it out. The bike has been idling very high and bogging while letting out the clutch. I thought this was a carb issue, but I completely replaced the carbs with carbs a forum member sent me that were working perfectly, and the issue continued to occur

Is there any chance these issues are related? What else could be causing my bike to run so strangely? Why would the gas tank keep whistling after I relieve the pressure and open it up?

Thanks for your input and advice, I really appreciate it.

Last futzed with by jboyd12; July 10th, 2012 at 10:58 AM.
jboyd12 is offline   Reply With Quote