Old July 10th, 2012, 08:44 AM   #17
jboyd12
ninjette.org member

Name: Jen

Motorcycle(s): 2010 Kawasaki Ninja 250 Special Edition

Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex View Post
The fuel in the tank is still cooling. Once the fuel is the same temp as the outside air, the noise stops. Idling speed is adjustable, just set it around 1500 rpm after the bike is fully warmed up (preferably, after a ride of at least 20 - 30 minutes to confirm that everything is fully up to temp). The bogging is hard to diagnose online, it's really hard to tell if it's a bike issue or a technique issue. If the new carbs are doing the same thing as the old carbs, and the new ones were confirmed OK, then it does seem less likely there's something wrong with the bike. Is there anyone nearby who knows these bikes well who could help troubleshoot it with you?
http://www.ninjette.org/forums/showthread.php?t=100215
^That is the thread I made a while ago when I was troubleshooting, hopefully it explains my problem a little better. I really don't think it is a technique issue - my boyfriend who has been riding all kinds of bikes for a long time is the one who noticed the bogging

Edit: This wasn't my original problem thread, not sure where that one went. This was just trying to get the carb on correctly, when my issues first occurred
jboyd12 is offline   Reply With Quote