View Single Post
Old July 10th, 2012, 11:23 AM   #31
jboyd12
ninjette.org member

Name: Jen

Motorcycle(s): 2010 Kawasaki Ninja 250 Special Edition

Quote:
Originally Posted by dubojr1 View Post
Now that's sounding like a jetting issue. So let's be clear.

History: What mods have been done? Has the bike been stored for any extended periods recently?

Concerns: The bike runs but idles high. It bogs as it accelerates from a start but doesn't die. Any other concerns since the whine is normal?
History: None. Bike is bone stock. I bought it with 700 miles on it, and I thought that it had been sitting for a while (because of this performance problem) which is why I swapped the carbs with the other ones. The carbs I switched them to were not brand new but were from a forum member who said the carbs were in great condition and he never had problems with them.

Concerns: you said it perfectly, from what I understand. I can have my boyfriend explain it better later but he told me its like a bogging as you let out the clutch, and it runs like crap as well as idling high. But the bike does run.

This thread was from when I swapped the carbs to solve the original problem. The problem described in the thread - the gas cutting off - was due to a mismatched hose, as you can see from my response earlier
jboyd12 is offline   Reply With Quote