View Single Post
Old July 11th, 2012, 05:10 AM   #36
jboyd12
ninjette.org member

Name: Jen

Motorcycle(s): 2010 Kawasaki Ninja 250 Special Edition

Quote:
Originally Posted by dubojr1 View Post
This one is hard because of the carb swap. Do we know why the guy/gal was selling the second set you bought? Were they a member here?

Overall though it sounds as if the bike is running poorly on the bottom part of the rpm range. To me this still screams jetting and/or pilot screw settings. Do we know if the carbs you bought were jetted or shimmed?

Here's a great chart that shows us what does what inside the carbs just you have a better understanding. Also understand that this may take some time to diagnose and each of us at some point have to decide whether we want to take the challenge on or let a pro handle it. That decision would be yours. I'm sure with the help of others on here we can resolve this though.
Yup - He is a member here. He was switching to fuel injection really nice guy, and didn't sell them to me- he just gave them to me for free so I know he really had no incentive to lie about their condition. Incredibly nice of him to give them to me like that. But yeah, he said he had no problems with them before and they were working perfectly before he decided to switch to fuel injected.

I believe the carbs were stock jetting. I figured I might as well post here and see if you guys had any major ideas or recommendation for troubleshooting it myself before bringing it somewhere... but it seems like it might just have to come down to that. Thanks for the pic.

And thanks for your help, I really appreciate your willingness to listen to my concerns and help me out with diagnostics.
jboyd12 is offline   Reply With Quote