Old July 11th, 2012, 06:21 AM   #38
choneofakind
ninjette.org certified postwhore

Name: .

Motorcycle(s): .

MOTM - Feb '13, Feb '14
Quote:
Originally Posted by jboyd12 View Post
Bike only dies on the gas occasionally when leaving first gear. You have to rev it high and slip the clutch when you let it out or else it will die. there are idling issues in which the bike will warm up at a rather high idle then will idle down to standard / "normal" idle around 1,000 but if you ride the bike it will be very sluggish and boggish between 1 and 6 thousand rpm and then it will start pulling when its supposed to. you can stop the bike and it will idle at 1000rpm and if you rev it it will hang at about 4k for an excessive period of time, like a couple minutes, not even seconds. I've cleaned the carbs and swapped them out with perfectly good ones, i figured it was something with vacuum lines or the petcock on the gas tank. any help would be greatly appreciated before i take it to a shop and get owned
Simple stuff first: hanging idle sounds like an uber lean condition at idle. However, since this is still occurring with a different set of carbs as well, I'm betting on the bike, not the carbs. Are your carb boots properly attached to the carbs? Check all the connections (airbox to boots, boots to carbs, carbs to tubes, tubes to engine) by spraying wd-40 on each individual connection while the bike is idling. If the engine revs, you found a leaky point on your intake.

Sorry if that's already been suggested and tested, I might have missed it in all those posts.
Posted via Mobile Device
choneofakind is offline   Reply With Quote