View Single Post
Old November 10th, 2016, 07:04 AM   #19
InvisiBill
EX500 full of EX250 parts

Name: Bill

Motorcycle(s): '18 Ninja 400 • '09 Ninja 500R (selling) • '98 VFR800 (project) • '85 Vulcan VN700 (sold)

MOTM - Aug '15
I tend to agree with the others. It seems you're not using most of the bike's parts anyway, so it feels like needlessly chopping up a low mileage, great condition classic. But it's your stuff, so you can do what you want with it. Maybe someone else can buy all of your takeoffs as a package and restore a neglected one at least.

As a logical argument, you may have better luck finding track goodies for a newer 250, rather than the 30 year old one-off model. A NewGen would save you the suspension/wheel swap work too. You could flip the '87 for a ton of profit to fund the track toy.

Do you already happen to have an EX500 front end? There's nothing special about them - they're pretty much the same as the NewGen front end, and quite possibly one of the worst parts of the 500 (though that's due to the incredibly soft springs, not really the fork hardware itself).

*** Unregistered, I'm not your mom and I'm not paying for your parts, so do whatever you want with your own bike. ***
InvisiBill is offline   Reply With Quote