View Single Post
Old May 29th, 2018, 05:32 PM   #148
Momaru
ninjette.org certified postwhore

Name: Paul

Motorcycle(s): 2008 Candy Plasma Blue 250R

And for those that want the opposite of plug & play, a project, here's a dump of the original DIY plus my comments on wiring and changes I made when I went through the process.
This will require going the extra mile to build your own mounting plate (skip the reflector completely) like the OP and I did, perhaps also doing your own wiring harness.
I apologize for wonky formatting, but the copy I have was in a series of .mht files, which the file server doesn't seem to like. So I've "printed" to PDF and combined them all into one in landscape to give the biggest image sizes I could think of easily/offhand.

For what it's worth, my retrofit is still happy 7 yrs and 20,000mi later (not a fraction as much riding as I should've done).
I did have to replace the mounting plate because it started to warp from getting a little too hot on all-day rides in 100+ weather. If you can source it, I'd strongly recommend polycarbonate/lexan instead of PVC/ABS (more temp-resistant)

The headlight does bounce a little, but no worse than the stock did, given the whole assembly is floating from fairing instead of being frame-mounted.

Quote:
Originally Posted by simo26246 View Post
Thanks for that. Yea, that's the conclusion that I'd pretty well come to. I've ordered a new headlight so that if (or, more likely when) I fu** it up, I don't mess up my only headlight.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf DIY HID retrofit by CThunder-blue.pdf (6.20 MB, 12 views)

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.