Thread: Hearing loss
View Single Post
Old August 9th, 2016, 10:20 PM   #17
Abu_Mishary
The Asian Caucasian

Name: Abu Mishary Mohd Fairus

Motorcycle(s): Kawasaki Ninja 250 SE 2015 (sold); Honda ADV160 (current)

MOTM - Jan '17
Quote:
Originally Posted by Racer x View Post
This is a cool web page Remembering all the signs is hard work. And I am lazy. I am working on the alphabet. At least I can spell out words. Then learn signs as I go. I had my first conversation.

I left my hat on the back bumper of my van. I stopped at the light and the person behind tooted her horn. When I looked back she made the sign for a hat and pointed. I realized what she meant and jumped out to retrieve my hat. I then signed thank you. She signed back "you are welcome".It was a pleasant thing and made me feel good to be able to do that.
Lucky you for having time to surf the net on this. I enrolled on a sign language class, they assign a hearing impaired teacher for us. We are not allowed to write.. only sign or spell. Only when there is no mutual understanding on what we are saying and what the teacher is telling, only then it resorts to writing. It helps since it pushed us to sign more than write.

Signing helped me out in two things; one getting to know the deaf community, reaching out more friends and engage pro-actively in the deaf society and number two; help repel salesperson who would try to sell you some sh*tty stuffs by signing "i am deaf" (pls mind my language. )

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.