Old January 8th, 2019, 12:59 PM   #22
Misti
ninjette.org sage

Name: Misti

Motorcycle(s): currently: Yamaha YZF 250 dirt/motard

Quote:
Originally Posted by fred smoot View Post
good advice from previous post.

go to a school, like California Superbike School, and see how you like it and how you do compared to others.

For me, that is the best deal.

Fred
This. Get yourself to a riding school. I'm a coach with the California Superbike School and i attribute ALL my riding skill and ability to what I have learned through them. They helped me get my riding from being just a regular club new racer to AMA pro level in just a few years. The investment you put of front to take a good quality riding school will pay for itself instantly with better, safer and faster riding and less chances of crashing. this is the way to start into racing, with a good solid foundation of proper techniques. I waited 2 years before taking the school as a student and had several club racing crashes and incidents that could possibly have been prevented. I also had some wicked bad habits that I had developed during those two years of racing that needed undoing so getting started with good tech right off the bat is the way to do it.

if you have any specific questions about the school, how it works or any specific technique questions please don't hesitate to ask.

And get ready! Once you start racing, the addiction takes hold........
Misti is offline   Reply With Quote

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.