Thread: Dear Alex
View Single Post
Old November 6th, 2017, 08:44 AM   #19
csmith12
The Corner Whisperer

Name: Chris (aka Reactor)

Motorcycle(s): 2010 250 (track), 1992 250, 2006 R6 (street/track), 2008 R6 (track)

MOTY 2015, MOTM - Nov '12, Nov '13
Here is a comment from the member who requested the function years ago.

Plain and simple, your skin is too thin. Honestly... whether you like to hear it or not, I got a $100 that says the offending members do not know you. So how in the world would the comment be specifically aimed at you? In fact.... there are very few members, aside from niche groupings and members that cross the boundaries of distance to make an effort to meet other members. This I know, I have been trying for 5yrs to push the limits and challenges of distance and finances.

When you walk out your front door in the morning, do you actively look for such examples? If the answer is no, then treat ninjette.org just the same as you do anything else, a collection of opinions and perceptions that may or may not match yours.

FACTs: I requested the [ you ] tag a few years ago (yes there are other forums with that function, I didn't make it up). Upon the first implementation, it was used for some poor attempts at humor (subject to perception). Within 24h of implementation, it was used for its original intent. To further the personalization of the forum overall. As a personable person, when I can address you by your name, then it would be my preference to do so. In time, it has settled into a function that is mostly used for its original intent.

When in doubt, log out and re-read the said thread. 99% of the time, your concern will be found unfounded and as Alex says, doesn't pass the reasonability test. Also, when is strongly felt, there is no harm in challenging the TOS violations but sometimes is best handled via PM.
csmith12 is offline   Reply With Quote

3 out of 3 members found this post helpful.