cbinker
Track Clown

Name: Chris

Motorcycle(s): '08 250R, 21 MV F3 800, Kawasaki 400 build

MOTM - Sep '15
Quote:
Originally Posted by adouglas View Post
Ah yes.... German torque (gutenteit).

Not sure what you're asking for here, but....

1) There are numerous online purveyors of OEM motorcycle parts. Google is your friend. Be prepared to pay stupid-high shipping charges if you don't buy enough stuff. Check in-stock status carefully... it can be tricky.

2) Kawasaki has a dealer network that stocks OEM parts for your bike.

3) There's this truly amazing invention called a "torque wrench." Widely available at local home improvement stores as well as online. Check it out.

PS: The maintenance manual has torque specs for every nut and bolt on the bike. Also available at your local Kawasaki dealer. They'd be happy to serve you.

Maintenance manuals and torque wrenches cost money. I leave it to you to determine whether the cost in time, inconvenience and potential further damage to the bike (e.g. stripped holes) offsets the cost of doing it right in the first place.
I was looking to see if any had any sitting in a box in the garage. my dealer shut down. the torque required for those parts are super low, I have a torque wrench, but doesn't go that low. The added water on the bolts added a little "lube" causing less friction..

also no need to spend money with this:
https://faq.ninja250.org/torque/ex250f/

TEAM ALFALFA
www.apexassassins.com