Old July 13th, 2018, 12:36 PM   #2205
"A"
vampire

Name: A

Motorcycle(s): 2 many 2 list

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Racer x View Post
I really hate driving somplace to ride a bicycle. Imagine if you had to ride your bicycle to a track and drive your car around on a track with a speed limit and no access to shopping or entertainment. How much driving would you do. At least Iowa City has a huge bicycle trail system that can access shopping.
I've stopped driving to a group ride for over 10 years.
Intentionally, I purchased my house 13 years ago that is close enough to a National Park with preserved open space.
Designated Mt. Bike, off-road moto & horse trails just 3/4 mile from my driveway with parking lots that local road cycling group have regular rides.

Few weeks ago, I picked up a mini-velo as a commuter for my weekday commute. It's got 20" disc wheels, sturdy enough for potholes and metal planks in Manhattan, small enough to just walk it into a subway train, less of a target among bumper-to-bumper traffic (with cut down, super narrow handlebars).
$139 from Nashbar, figure if it gets stolen, I wouldn't care much about it.

I've put about 120 miles on it, the ride is a little stiff, for compact frame, 10-12 miles really can beat you up if you don't have good cycling shorts. I'm thinking of getting a suspension seatpost for it.
"A" is offline   Reply With Quote