View Single Post
Old April 27th, 2011, 11:42 AM   #6
kbryant
Area P

Name: Kerry

Motorcycle(s): Too many to list

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrugalNinja250 View Post
Read through the original thread but couldn't seem to find a definite answer to my question, namely, what muffler? Is the 18" the long or the standard (which I presume is the short?) muffler? Loudness, or better yet, lack of loudness, is important to me. Is the 18" as quiet as the original system? My main goal is a 2 into 1 so that I can use the helmet lock on the bike. Sounds simple I know, but that's what I want. A secondary goal is eventual conversion to FI so 2:1 is definitely needed for that.
As indicated above, it is the 18" long stainless muffler only. With the 2.0" inlet/core/outlet, it is slightly louder than the long quiet core, but much quieter than the standard 12" muffler. No aftermarket muffler will be as quiet as the original oem system. Sound data & bytes are on our website for referance. The system should have no bearing on your helmet lock and/or location, but honestly I've never been asked that question before. Look at the picture and see if this will possibly answer this for you.
kbryant is offline   Reply With Quote