View Single Post
Old July 7th, 2012, 02:25 PM   #38
mkulchar
ninjette.org member

Name: matthew

Motorcycle(s): 2010 250r ninja

so cleaned out carbs, re-seated the needles. Upd my mains to 100. reasembled the bike..

DOESNT START! i knew the floats were empty so let it fill when starting and the bike catches but only idles tops of 5secs. any throttle kills the bike. I turned the idle screws to 2 then 3 then 3.5 turns and all the same. i even some how turned the idle screws to 0 and the bike ran longer then open at 2.... I tried starting it so many times the battery died (have it charging now)

*update* there was a 2 small hole like pin holes(side by side) in the small vaccum line that goes to the fuel peacock. duno if that has anything to do with it. Im goin to have to pick up a new hose to replace that one tommorow...

*2nd update* So i took that tube and wraped electical tape around it were the holes were and then tried again to start her up. It started! but only with full choke on. once full choke was taking off bike would instantly die. again messed with screws and still no difference. from 2 to 3turns. when giving throttle with choke bike is very sluggish as in not getting enough gas (not moving)... im assuming tape isn't good enough and need to get the tube replaced.

So taking the bike to the dealer to have him look at it.

Last futzed with by mkulchar; July 7th, 2012 at 04:22 PM.
mkulchar is offline   Reply With Quote