ally99
Ninja chick

Name: Allyson

Motorcycle(s): '13 Ninja 300

MOTM - Dec '13, Feb '15
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueJeepYJ View Post
Hey everyone,

I have wanted a motorcycle for as long as I can remember and when I hung up my career as a pilot back in 2010/11 and moved back to Georgia I knew it was my chance. I had been registered on Ninjette since 2009 and appreciated the conservative and safety minded attitude that defines this forum and had my sights on the ninjette being my first bike. After a msf course and a sweet craigslist deal I was finally a proud ninjette owner. I knew that I would love riding a bike, cruising the mountains, the incredible roads, scowling the internet about how to work on motorcycles and all of the fun accessories, but I honestly did not realize that the most enjoyable aspect of being a motorcyclist is the community and fellowship. It amazes me that this incredible internet thing and this forum are able to bring people together with a common interest and forge lasting friendships. I have had the chance to meet a variety of people from different cultures and backgrounds but all brought together by not so much a precision collection of metal, plastic and rubber but a love of exploring and enjoying together this amazing little slice of our planet.

I had fought with myself for years back and forth with regards to if riding a motorcycle could be safe enough and if as a rider you could control enough of the risk. After about 10000 miles over the last 3 years I have come to the conclusion.... sort of.

I have been driving the cage a lot more around Atlanta over the last year and the number of times that I have seen other drivers do just incredibly stupid things was shocking. Not just distracted or aggressive driving but people just flat out driving like flipping idiots. So it has been on my heart over the last year to reevaluate if riding is worth the risk. Some good news though! My wife is pregnant! Yay!... but then that picture of Samer holding his baby pretty much broke my heart and sealed the deal. The bike has got to go.

It has been a tough decision to make but is one that I have to do.

It has been awesome getting to know everyone and I have made some incredible friends and it's not the memories of the bike that I hold so close but of the awesome times we had.

Ride safe my brothers and sisters!

Jeff

Boo for us! Our loss for sure. We'll miss you, Jeff. Congrats on the new little human in your future!

Check out my Appalachian Trail journal, 2015!

Postwhores are COOL! ~Allyson
ally99 is offline   Reply With Quote