View Single Post
Old July 31st, 2019, 10:05 PM   #12
nocturncal
ninjette.org member

Name: Cal

Motorcycle(s): '09 Ninja 250R

The bleeder screw was definitely the problem, either through over tightening it or having a fit mismatch. I ended up buying a speedbleeder #SB8152. Tested it out under hard braking for 2 hours and the bleeding problems are gone!

I initially bought an All Balls caliper rebuild kit off of eBay from All Balls seller, and I can't remember if the it included new bleeder screws or not.

Now onto the next problem... My brakes initially have good bite, then the lever goes soft after maybe 15 min of hard braking. Brakes also intermittently pulse.

I checked my stock rotors thickness and it's at 3.9mm, under the service limit for OEM rotors. So now I'm waiting for a new EBC Contour Front Brake Rotor, hoping that will solve the problem.

When the brakes are functioning correctly, they feel AMAZING. Galfer SS Lines, EBC sintered pads, stock calipers, and stock rotors (soon to be EBC rotors). The only thing is it feels like the EBC pads eat through my stock rotors. Since changing out my brake lines and pads from stock to aftermarket (appx 2600 mi and 2 months of riding) my rotors went from 4.6mm to 3.9mm in thickness. This is 99% city riding in the hilly city of San Francisco.

Not complaining though cuz I like having the extra braking power in the city.

Last futzed with by nocturncal; August 1st, 2019 at 09:26 AM.
nocturncal is offline   Reply With Quote